What to do if received MMS photos are too small.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to do if received MMS photos are too small.

Post  lonnie on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:57 pm

If you're receiving MMS messages but the attached photos are very small (160x120 in my case) you can attempt to correct this by adding the following source to installer:

http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlyMMSSettings/Settings.xml

You will find a new category called SwirlyMMS Phone Faking which will allow SwirlyMMS to pretend to be another handset that may be supported by your carrier.

In my case, I use T-Mobile USA and the Sony Ericsson w800i profile works beautifully for me.

lonnie
Admin

View user profile http://www.oneduality.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to do if received MMS photos are too small.

Post  Fabian Cortez on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:19 pm

All three work fine. As in they all return the same size image that is larger than receiving an image without them installed.

I personally use the N95 faking since the phone itself has a 5MP camera (to ensure that I'd never have a size issue I guess).

I'm running a 1.1.1 OTB phone (could be an earlier phone though) with 1.1.3 via Dev team on T-Mobile USA with T-Zones.

Setting the image size to "maximum" got me two messages:

1) From SwirlyMMS that reads: "The application file IMG_0026.JPG was deleted"

2) From my phone number (since I sent it to myself): "You have been sent a picture message. View your message at http://www.t-mobilepicture.com, your password is ******, your messages will be deleted after 6 days"

The image up there was 0.30MB (308kb) at a resolution of 1600x1200. Since that size isn't too different to the ~300kb at 800x600 resolution in the program, it makes me wonder if T-Mobile is filtering by resolution vs file size.

I would like to add that the images that I did receive, using the phone faking, all came in at 73.3kb at a resolution of 400x300 and rotated to the left (by 90 degrees). However, my image options in SwirlyMMS are set to "High - Size about 300kB, resolution 600x800."

What's really going on?

Still a great app though.

Fabian Cortez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonnie on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Fabian Cortez wrote:All three work fine. As in they all return the same size image that is larger than receiving an image without them installed.

I personally use the N95 faking since the phone itself has a 5MP camera (to ensure that I'd never have a size issue I guess).

I'm running a 1.1.1 OTB phone (could be an earlier phone though) with 1.1.3 via Dev team on T-Mobile USA with T-Zones.

Setting the image size to "maximum" got me two messages:

1) From SwirlyMMS that reads: "The application file IMG_0026.JPG was deleted"

2) From my phone number (since I sent it to myself): "You have been sent a picture message. View your message at http://www.t-mobilepicture.com, your password is ******, your messages will be deleted after 6 days"

The image up there was 0.30MB (308kb) at a resolution of 1600x1200. Since that size isn't too different to the ~300kb at 800x600 resolution in the program, it makes me wonder if T-Mobile is filtering by resolution vs file size.

I would like to add that the images that I did receive, using the phone faking, all came in at 73.3kb at a resolution of 400x300 and rotated to the left. However, my image options in SwirlyMMS is set to "High - Size about 300kB, resolution 600x800."

What's really going on?

Still a great app though.

The N95 probably allows you to receive photos large than t-mobile permits, and yes I do mean resolution when I talk about image size, my bad use of terms there Smile

The settings in Swirly for image size only affect the outbound messages, so if you set to maximum and use the N95 profile, T-Mobile will intercept and send you the link instead .. this is why I use the Sony Ericsson profile, it reports to t-mobile during the handshake that I am a Sony phone and then T-Mobile resizes it accordingly before sending it .. 1024x768 when I use the Sony profile.. which is perfectly fine for me

lonnie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabian Cortez on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:36 pm

I just installed the W800i "profile," changed my settings to "maximum" and sent the same image from the camera roll. Same deal, same size (308kb @ 1600x1200).

Maybe I'd have to change my phone on T-Mobile's website (still has it listed as the Nokia 3660)?

Fabian Cortez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  immortaldual on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Im also on t-mobile us, switched mine to W800i and put the sent pictures to high and now everything works perfectly. get full size images and my sent pictures arrive alright also. i had it set to maximum and none of the pictures would arrive at all. Very Happy

immortaldual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mms pics

Post  wolfie. on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:56 am

hello all, i mabaged to successfulyy set up send and receive.

however my pics are realtively large ( i guess thats relative ) i get about a 1cm bar on either side of the screen which it isnt utlitizing. any way we can make it workand fill up the whole screen?

wolfie.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie. on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 am

im talking bout when i recieve pics btw

will changing it to a nokia n95 help or cant we fill up the whole screen when looking at recvied pic

wolfie.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonnie on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:48 am

wolfie. wrote:im talking bout when i recieve pics btw

will changing it to a nokia n95 help or cant we fill up the whole screen when looking at recvied pic

Try using the sony ericsson profile in the phone faking source..there is an item in the FAQ section that explains what to try if your photos appear too small, which includes the installer source for these profiles.

lonnie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  signori on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:18 am

I sent myself MMS with my wifes iPhone and V3X. The V3X Razor photos I received are very nice full screen on my iPhone. When I receive the mms from the iPhone I have to turn my iPhone sideways to view them and sometimes they are upside down. If I use this fake phone patch will this correct the problem when I recieve photos from the iPhone and view them with my other iPhone? I am on Rogers network. If I install the patch and want to uninstall it after will the SwirlyMMS app go back to the original version? Sorry for all the questions.

signori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ughh

Post  jakeasdel on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 am

source not working for me ive tried putting it in istaller over and over and over nothing is working....help?

jakeasdel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burtthaman on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 am

jakeasdel wrote:source not working for me ive tried putting it in istaller over and over and over nothing is working....help?

did you make sure to capitalize everything exactly how it is?

burtthaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum